Go Snap (v1.0)
Copyright (c) 2018, C.J.Cummins & M.Cummins
All rights reserved
This app extracts GPS metadata from supported video formats (currently only GoPro 5 & 6 videos with embedded GPMF metadata) and provides the following operations:
1. Take a photo snapshot with location information included from anywhere in the video and save it to the camera roll or export it to another app.
2. Extract the GPS track from the entire video and export it in GPX format to another app.
Instructions for working with GoPro 5 & 6 or Karma videos:
1. Use the GoPro app to load the videos from your GoPro device to your iPad or iPhone.
2. Run this app and touch the button labeled "Find videos with embedded GPS data on this device".
3. A list of videos should appear.
4. Select the video you want to work with.
5. Use the video navigation buttons and position slider to review the video.
6. At any time press the "Save Photo" button to save a snapshot with location information from the video to the camera roll, or press the "Export Photo" button to export a snapshot with location information to another application, or press the "Export GPX" button to export the entire GPS track from the video in GPX format to another app.